Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Fallout 3’s opening is the best in the series

Fallout 3’s opening is the best in the series

May 10,2021 This article was originally published as part of our week-long celebration of Fallout’s 20th anniversary back in October, 2017.

I remember being born: the blinding bright light, the gentle voice of my father, Liam Neeson, asking me all sorts of philosophical questions like who I want to be when I grow up. It was not a usual birth but I am not a usual boy. I recall escaping from a playpen and leafing through a copy of S.P.EC.I.A.L. before settling on the idea that adult me would be built like a brick shithouse, dumb as a bag of hammers, and extremely lucky.

Then came my birthday party. I only had one and it wasn’t great. Ne’er-do-well Butch DeLoria tried to steal the sweetroll that Old Lady Palmer gave me - he started attacking me when I said no so I went back at him. Officer Gomez had to separate us. I may have also brought up the fact his mum is an alcoholic, which no doubt angered him further. I didn’t tell any adults I said that; I was the innocent birthday boy.

My mid-teens featured a particularly nasty run-in with Butch’s gang, the Tunnel Snakes, ahead of the life-changing Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test. They were harassing my best friend Amata by the water cooler, threatening to break a few of her bones for telling on them. I fought them until Butch gave up and called his goons off. The test didn’t go too well either – according to the results, I was Vault 101’s designated fry cook.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires