Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

I’m a historical fan, but I liked Total War: Warhammer 3’s survival battles

I’m a historical fan, but I liked Total War: Warhammer 3’s survival battles

Recently we were given the opportunity to play one of Total War: Warhammer III’s new ‘survival’ battles - a climatic set-piece engagement that sees us fighting through the stronghold of Khorne, one of the four Chaos gods. You can also read our resident Warhammer fan Rich’s comprehensive impressions on the battle, but I’m here to offer a different perspective; one that starts with a confession.

I’ve never understood the appeal of the Total Warhammer series. I prefer the historical Total Wars and I’ve never played Warhammer Fantasy (I played 40k, because I wasn’t a nerd.) But, as a dutiful fan of strategy games, I gave it a try, playing the first Total War: Warhammer a couple of years after it first came out. It didn’t go well.

Nothing about how I thought Total War games should be played seemed to hold true. The time-to-kill felt off, tactics and formations counted for less… and what happened to sieges? What’s all this magic nonsense? I didn’t like it, but playing Total War: Warhammer III gave me a feeling of optimism I wasn’t expecting.

RELATED LINKS: Total War: Warhammer 3 release date, Total War: Warhammer 3 trailer breakdown, The best strategy games on PC

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires